Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Month of Thankfulness - My Amazing Husband


Wow…is it really November already? That means we have been here in China for 7 months now. The time really is flying by.
Since we have Thanksgiving in November, I thought I would try and do 30 posts of things I am thankful for. I’ve definitely been stretched in this area since moving here and there are days I have to think REALLY hard…but there is a lot to be thankful for.
To start us out right, I am so EXTREMELY grateful for my husband! He works so hard to provide for Aiden and I and I know things at work aren’t so easy for him. Even still, he always has a smile on his face and is so encouraging to me. One of my favorite qualities about him is his sense of humor and how much fun he is. We can just be sitting on the couch watching TV or a movie and it is the best time. He LOVES his son to distraction and it is a joy watching them together. Aiden lights up when he sees his daddy come home and misses him terribly when he is gone, we both do! He has had to travel more then he thought he would have to being here, but he is such a hard worker! I know they are glad to have him on the project here.
Every Friday night we have “date night at home”.  Typically we make something special for dinner…sometimes its steak, other times it is nachos, and put away all of our electronics for the evening and either talk or watch a movie. These have become very special evenings! 
Fun with Daddy!

Some of his favorite things are chocolate or sweets of any kind. I bought him some chocolate & peanut butter swirled in the jar this week and he can’t get enough. He will eat it right out of the jar, put it on marshmallows, oreos, or whatever else we happen to have in the pantry. I know I have to keep that stocked from now on. Though the other day, he really wanted toasted marshmallow, so he turned the gas burners on our cook top on and roasted them that way. So redneck, but so funny to watch.
My BEST friend and the worlds BEST husband!
He loves to play outside with Aiden or for us all to go for walks on the weekends. If the weather is nice we usually end up at either Dairy Queen or the Gelato place. Delicious and of course, we have just burned all the calories we ate but walking to go get it and back. Ah the joys of walking!
Jeffrey is my BEST friend and the love of my life. I’m so excited and thankful that I get to spend the rest of my life with him…in China or America or wherever else God takes us.

1 comment:

  1. We've roasted marshmallows over the gas burners at our house too!!

    ReplyDelete