Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 20 of Thankfulness - Things to Look Forward To!!!


I’m really excited and thankful for this particular day, November 20th since that means that in exactly 2 months we will be on a plane back to the states for a visit! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!  Since yesterday I told you about the things I take for granted, I’m going to tell you in this post all the things I’m excited about doing when we are home. We will be making this 3 week trip a jam packed one, so when we come back to China we are going to CRASH! But it will be so worth it.
Some exciting things that I have just realized…we will be in the states for the SUPER BOWL!!!! We’ve been on a forced sports diet since we haven’t found a way to watch games over here. We do keep up with the scores, but man do we miss getting to actually watch the games. Also, we will be in the states for the first meeting of Carolina and Duke! So excited to watch that game. GO TAR HEELS!!!!! Being here makes me very thankful for our sports channels back home.
It just wouldn’t be right if the next thing I discussed wasn’t food. Ha! Some of the places that will DEFINITELY make it on our list of places to go are as follows: Red Robin, Sugar Hill Diner, Texas Roadhouse, Chick-fil-a, Genghis Grill, Panara, Jason’s Deli, Mellow Mushroom, and Sperata!  That is one of the big things I miss from home…fun places to eat. Though, I do have to say, we have found quite a few fun places here in China that we enjoy going to. A fun night out with good friends is just hard to beat!
I keep hearing friends from home taking their kids to Catch Air to play, so I am super excited to take Aiden there to play one day. While we are in Hickory we are going to go to the Science Center. This was one of my favorite things to do growing up and it will be so much fun to watch Aiden explore. In Missouri there will be cousins to play with! Aiden is so excited to see Ethan and Elliott! Can you tell that we are just super excited to be going home for a visit?????
Finally, I’m thankful that we will not be here over Chinese New Year. At first I really didn’t want to leave around then so we could take part in the fun, but I think all the fireworks have done us in for that!
So for all of you in North Carolina, Missouri and Georgia…we will be back soon. Get Ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment