Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 26 of Thankfulness - Celebrations!


We had our big Thanksgiving celebration on Saturday instead of Thursday since it is not technically a holiday here. We had the Sager's, Mabel and her husband William, and Mina come and join us. What a great day it was, especially since this was Mabel, William and Mina’s first Thanksgiving. It is a year of firsts! 

Mina and Mabel

Mabel and William with Noah

Rob and Noah

Julie and Ashleigh Jane - missing Jenna and Kailyn


Turkey over here that I could find was super expensive so we substituted with chicken. I ordered a whole chicken and to my silly mind, I thought it was going to be like the ones we get in the states. I went to open the chicken to get it all prepared for the following day and discovered that it still had the head and feet attached!!!!! I almost panicked! That is not my area of expertise…but finally I got the head chopped off and the feet pulled out. What an experience!




Between Julie and I we had roasted chicken, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, dressing, green beans and rolls! For dessert we had pumpkin pie and apple crumble! YUM!!!! Not bad for our first Thanksgiving in a foreign country and really small ovens! 

We just enjoyed great time together eating, chatting and playing with the kids! We definitely missed being with our families but are so thankful to have great friends here to celebrate with!  

No comments:

Post a Comment