Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 16 of Thankfulness - Taxi's


Taxi’s! I know this is a strange thing to be thankful for, especially when I was revolting against them when we first moved here. It’s nice to be able to just walk outside and catch a taxi and go to Julie’s, Starbucks, downtown…anywhere. It still feels extremely strange that I do not have to have a car seat for Aiden (I keep thinking that I’m going to be arrested for child endangerment), but it works. And he LOVES his baby carrier that I put him in. He just sits in my lap and watches out the window so intently. 

We have been blessed to have a driver, but part of that is very difficult as well. If I’m going to have Chen take me somewhere I have to not leave until at least 10:30 and I have to be back home by 3:30 so he can go and pick Jeffrey up. Chen gets really antsy when he thinks he is going to be late…so instead of having him drive all the way back to get me, I just take a taxi. It works out pretty nice. 

The Taxi driver's are gated off from the rest of the car. Quite interesting.


I’ve learned enough Mandarin to be able to get around pretty well in the taxi, so it makes it an easy option.

No comments:

Post a Comment