Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 14 of Thankfulness - Pinterest


Well I have to admit, I am thankful today for Pinterest and Facebook! It’s wonderful to be able to keep up with everyone back home and see what is going on in their lives. It makes me feel like I am NOT a world away! 

I’m grateful for Pinterest because it has given me some fabulous new recipe ideas that I’ve been trying out. Now granted, I can’t make everything I want to from there because I haven’t been able to find every ingredient here. I’m on the hunt for vanilla beans so I can make my own coffee syrup. Yummy! Jeffrey’s lunch at the office each day is not what you would call fabulous by any means…so I try to do my best to make something yummy for dinner. I do apologize, because we get so excited about eating that I forget to take pictures. I could never write a food blog because I would never have pictures…well and the fact that I’m not a good original cook…I just find recipes that others have made and go from there! 

Two of our favorites this week (both compliments of Pinterest) were the Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole and the White Chicken Enchiladas. Both dishes didn’t last long at all…even Aiden devoured them. Spaghetti is one of Jeffrey’s favorite dishes and I was planning on making that the other night, but then, as all you pinterest addicts know…I got to looking around and found that recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand so I tried it out! Here is the link.  
WINNER!!!!!!!!
The White Chicken Enchiladas were just as amazing! I didn’t have green chilies on hand, so I subbed for green peppers. Try this one out too!!!!
Thank you Pinterest for capturing my attention and giving me some great recipes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment