Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 24 of Thankfulness - Language Learning


I’m really working on learning Mandarin so today I am thankful for my sweet friend Mabel! Between her and Rosetta Stone I’m SLOWLY starting to learn. As I started the learning process I was completely overwhelmed…and I guess I still am…Mandarin is TOUGH! Ha. But Mabel is helping me to make sense of it all. I have my flash cards that I’ve been making (watch out back home…cause I’m running low and will be stocking up on index cards…so if you were planning on getting some I would get them before I come back! Gonna buy the store out.) as well as a few different iPad and iPhone apps that are helping me to recognize a few characters. 





My goal while living here is to be able to carry on at least a 3 minute conversation in Mandarin, hopefully more but we’ll see if I can figure out the tones to really say what I want to say. Thanks Mabel for all of your help!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment