Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 24 - My Oven


An oven...who would've thought I would realize how lost I would be if I didn't have one until moving to China. We are so blessed to have it. Now it is much smaller than one in the states, but we have learned how to manage time to get multiple dishes in and out so food is still hot. 

A few of my friends here do not have ovens as this is not a normal Chinese thing to have so I am EXTREMELY grateful to have one. Sure makes cooking in my world easier since 99.9% of the cooking I do is in the oven.


Our little oven that barely holds a 9x13, but o so grateful that it does!!!!! 

Today we celebrated Thanksgiving here at our house with some wonderful friends. We had SOOO MUCH food! Thankfully, this year we were able to find a Turkey...yea!!!! We also had cornbread stuffing, corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, creamy mushroom green beans and homemade rolls. Then for dessert we had Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Crunch Cake and Pecan Pie. And to go on top of the pies we had homemade whipped cream. Soooo yummy and I'm still stuffed. 

Without an oven I don't think we could do this...so I am super duper grateful for our oven. Now if I can only talk Jeffrey into getting a double oven when we move back to the states we will be in GREAT shape. 

Our Thanksgiving meal at our house today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment