Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16 - Fun Times with Fun Friends

Today I am thankful for FRIENDS! And friends that are willing to try new things and be adventurous.  We had our first ever Pintrest style pot luck today. The only rule of the party was that you had to make something that you have never made before. And wow! These ladies really came through and made some great food...I'm still stuffed. 

Having friends around to do fun things with makes the days much better, especially when Jeffrey is traveling. We have so much fun together and we are always laughing. So thankful for friendship! 

****And a second thing I'm thankful for...I got a surprise call from my best friend today! Love any chance I get to talk to Jenn, but today was extra special. Thankful for you Jenn! ****

So enjoy our fun day in the pictures below. 

We had 12 ladies and 5 kids today for our gathering...look at all that food! 

Drink and waffle station

Some of the food we had was bang bang chicken (this is what I made and I'm not normally a huge spicy food fan, but HOLY COW....this dish was way to spicy for me...whew!), glorious pineapple rice, rice balls, homemade pretzels, a fabulous mexican chicken dish, stuffed mushrooms, banana bites, homemade goldfish (these are amazing!) and pasta salad. There were so many others but to name them all would take forever. Needless to say, it was a yummy day...and thats not even dessert!

Desserts and appetizers. 


For dessert, we had cheesecake dip, apple cake and apple pie! Sooooooooooo good! 


Mabel and Anna enjoying the food!


Barb is loving the party.

Good food + Great friends = Lots of Fun

Noah enjoying the party

Aiden cheesing as always. 

My dear friend Julie and I

Julie & Noah

Barb and adorable lil Zoe
Brie & Sal


Catherine & Ethan

The after pictures...we stuffed ourselves silly but still had SO MUCH left over. 

We know what is for dinner tonight. 

Baby lovin' 

The girls in Grey...love these ladies! 

We wore the kids out completely! 

Nap time all around. 


This was such a hit that I think we'll make this a routine event...maybe do breakfast next? So totally thankful for friends who make life in Wuxi so much better! Thanks Ladies!!!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for the bang bang chicken. It was bang-bang-AWESOME!! This husband- of- a-Pinterest party participant was blessed with leftovers for dinner tonight! Thanks ladies, and especially you Heather!

    ReplyDelete