Sunday, November 10, 2013

Day 10 of Thankfulness - Mandarin

Every new adventure that each day brings makes me more thankful for the chance to learn Mandarin. I think I am still kicking myself for not starting earlier in my journey here, but it all worked out and I'm learning exactly what I need for each day. 

I'm extremely thankful for June and Leo, my teachers. They are so patient with me and are always willing to teach me the things I want to know (above and beyond the normal lesson) and then answer all of my (way to many) cultural questions. I don't know what I would do without them. 


This past week we started working on calligraphy and learning to properly write characters. Wow. I didn't fully realize how intensive it is to do calligraphy. My wrist is still a little sore. I'm extremely impressed with people who can do this with ease. 


I still have a LOOOOOOOONNNNGG way to go in learning the language, but each day is better than before. 

So for today I say 谢谢 (thank you) and  再见 (good bye). 

No comments:

Post a Comment