Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2 of Thankfulness - Friends from Around the World

Today I am super thankful for all of my international friendships. One of my absolute favorite things about living in China is getting to know people from all over the world. I love learning about new cultures, food and hearing new languages (though I will never learn them all…ha!). 

At the last big lunch we had I counted 8 countries represented and it total I have met people from over 20 in my time here. 

Just to name a few: Singapore, Turkey, Spain, Belgium, Romania, England, France, Italy, India, Germany, China, Finland, Brazil, Estonia, Japan, South Korea, and Canada.

Each day is a new journey and getting to meet new people and try new things. Amazing. The constant meeting of new cultures will be something I miss on a daily basis when we move back. 

My Singaporian and Turkish friend trying a "durian" dessert. Not so yummy to the American and Turkish! Ha! 

My Belgian and Spanish friends trying peanut butter for the first time….they were not fans. 

One thing we all have in common….Starbucks! 

O yea! We all love us some Starbucks! 

France & Singapore loving some American Pumpkin Pie

Our kids all love to play together as well. 


England, America and Spain…enjoying some coffee together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment