Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 12 of Thankfulness - Fun Experiences

I have a lot of catching up to do don't I? Its already November 20th and I'm only on day 12. Ha!

But the reason for this delay is that we had a wonderful friend in town from America and my time was spent shopping, drinking coffee, eating out and having fun with her! So now I'll play catch up, slowly but surely.

Last Tuesday we had a Breakfast pot luck with a large group of my international friends. What a fun experience! We had two tables filled with food and by the end of the day we were all stuffed! I'm thankful that people are willing to do fun things like this with me and enjoy the themes. Each person makes something from their country and its so much fun to try different foods from around the world.

We had everyone describe what they made. 

This "theme" came about after talking with a friend of mine from the UK. I love all the differences in the English language between our two countries. On this particular day she was giving her daughter a "biscuit" (aka...cookie) and I told her how much that made me miss a good American biscuit. She had no idea what I was talking about. After taking a poll from the rest of the ladies around Starbucks that day I learned that no one knew what an American biscuit was, so we made the plan for a breakfast potluck. Awesome!

Donna telling the group about biscuits, gravy and grits! Yum!!! 

So very thankful for friends willing to have some fun and eat yummy food! Each day is a new experience.

So many different choices. 

Delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment