Saturday, March 16, 2013

When I Dip you Dip we Dip....Party Style!

Until moving to China I never realized how much of my world is truly "American." Meaning, things that I thought were known around the world really are not, just known to us Americans. So...I guess one of my purposes here in China is to introduce all of my wonderful friends from around the world to these concepts. This is just one of many examples.

DIP!

No, not the tobacco kind, the kind you eat!  The yummy wonderful dips that go with chips, veggies or anything else you can come up with. The sweet kind, the savory kind...any kind of wonderful dip.

When, sitting at 星巴克 Starbucks, during one of our Monday walks, I mentioned to the group that our next pot luck was going to be a dip party. Needless to say, I got nothing but blank stares from all of my non-American friends. It was quite comical. But, after some explanation it started to make sense.

So the party was created! I LOVED the fact that most everyone put their own culture spin on the dip they brought. Everything was wonderful!! We always have a great time at our parties.

We always have a ton of food! 

Everything was sooooo yummy! 

Some of the examples of the dips that were made and brought are, cookie dough dip, southwest dip, smores dip, buffalo chicken dip, mango salsa, brownie batter dip, pumpkin pie dip, Asian chicken dip, Chinese soy sauce dip, tuna dip, HP Sauce, feta dip....and SOOOOO many more. Everything was so delicious and I was stuffed at the end of the party.

Ladies enjoying all the yummy food. 


And of course...we always have coffee:) 

We had so much food that we couldn't eat it all. So much was leftover.

Add caption


I am extremely blessed to have wonderful friends here in Wuxi. Makes life so much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment